On February 24th, Saevom posted a video on her Facebook page announcing her own record label, 어느새, 봄.
Since English subtitles aren’t available for the video, here’s the gist of it:
- Four members are shown in the video: Saevom (CEO, producer), Yu Yong Ho (Singer songwriter), Seol Kyung (Singer songwriter), and Lee Dong Hee (Cinematographer).
- She decided to start her own record label when she realized a lot of people in the industry could be dishonest.
- Seol Kyung used to be a nurse. She was actually working as a nurse while she worked on her debut album 내 어린 날에.
- Saevom has a son named “Grapefruit”… it’s her dog.
- They don’t have their own studio due to financial constraints.
- Money problems
- More money problems
- Everyone on the team wishes they got paid a bit more… but Saevom disagrees 🙂 .
- Despite all these circumstances, they want to continue to make songs they love rather than the formulaic ones that will probably sell more.
While the second point doesn’t come as a surprise, it’s still disheartening to hear how personal she made it sound. It’s always money… damn that money. As a huge fan of hers myself, I really hope her and her team will be able to achieve their dream of making songs they love without having to worry about all the real life non-sense. 흥해라!